Current Employment Opportunities at AdvR
Electrical Engineer/Optical Engineer
AdvR Inc. seeks an an electrical engineer with optical engineering experience to contribute to their research and product development efforts. AdvR develops Engineered nonlinear optical components, stabilized laser sources, and optical subsystems for both military and commercial markets.Primary responsibilities would include: designing complex, high-performance optical components and electronic circuits to support the development of AdvR products; leading the layout, assembly, and testing of electronic circuits; contributing to the development of AdvRs electrical and optical engineering infrastructure; and contributing to a team of engineers, scientists, and technicians on new technology development from conception, R&D, through production.Note that a B.S. in Optical/Electrical Engineering and multiple years of experience are desirable. Demonstrated expertise in electrical design, including layout, assembly, testing, and troubleshooting, of complex electrical systems. Demonstrated proficiency with Altium or similar electrical design software. A plus includes experience with lithography and thin film coating tools, designing and laying out RF analog circuits, preferably in mixed signal architectures. Experience designing and laying out circuits using modern high-performance FPGAs and digital microcontrollers.
This is a full-time, salaried position.Salary is commensurate with your education, experience, and skills. Must meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States. We offer excellent benefits.AdvR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, or national origin.
Nonlinear Physicist/Optical/Electrical Engineer
We are seeking to fill a position related to advancing our general waveguide fabrication and ferroelectric domain patterning efforts. This includes characterization of a material’s nonlinear optical performance.
- Advanced technical degree or equivalent in optical sciences and engineering
- Related experiences include: programing for data acquisition, user interface control, and numerical analysis, single photon measurement, quantum optics, electric field poling, laser/OPO alignment, design, setup and monitoring of fully integrated fiber-based optical systems and fiber alignment, splicing and packaging.
- Waveguide fabrication
- Proposal development
- Work productivity in a fast paced, research type environment with frequently changing priorities
- Proficiency in technical writing and oral communication
- Ability to work in a team or independently
- US Citizen or Green Card holder preferred
- Electric poling for quasi-phase matching and other material engineering
- Developing material characterization process
- Building state of the art integrated photonics devices
- Testing, characterizing, and analyzing optical and electro-optical systems